Senior Applied Scientist - Algorithmic Privacy & Fairness (w/d/m)
Zalando systems makes millions of algorithmic decisions daily, which directly affects our customers. As a member of the Algorithmic Privacy & Fairness Centre of Excellence you work with Zalando ML teams to drive responsible ML product development.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Identify and mitigate bias in data collection, data processing, ML models, and outputs in products using ML, or Implement differential privacy in existing or new ML systems, and prove risk bounds.
- Support Zalando teams to develop algorithmic decision products responsibly, with respect to privacy and fairness, through mentoring, training and community contributions.
- Generalize product specific solutions to re-usable services and open source software libraries.
- Define research problems and plans.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- M.Sc. or PhD in relevant field, e.g. Computer Science, Machine Learning, Physics, Computational Social Science, Computational Ethics
- Programming skills: Python, pydata, scikit-learn, pyspark (bonus). Be able to review code in other languages is a plus (e.g. R, java, scala, kotlin). Familiarity with cloud platforms, AWS is a plus
- Good understanding of applied science practices, including hypothesis definition and managing uncertainty.
- Consulting mindset
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten