Software Engineer (Global Catalog)
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion, this is an exciting time to join us. The Global Catalog team in Dublin runs key parts of Zalando's business, you will work to build our platform for all Zalando's product and category information, collaborating with teams across the organisation to build the platform.
As a Software Engineer you’ll join a high performing team, building technology to connect every part of the fashion industry and enable new capabilities for our partners and customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Our services run Zalando's multi-billion euro business; from product onboarding, our logistics warehouses, corporate reporting, through to a storefront used daily by millions of customers.
- Work on large-scale, business critical data processing applications that provide fashion and category data at scale, using technologies such as Scala, Kafka, Akka, Redis and Postgres deployed to Kubernetes on AWS
- Work to improve our services with leading-edge technologies and optimize the platform performance in terms of throughput, latency, security and reliability.
- Grow our capabilities as part of cross functional teams drawn from across Zalando.
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues, helping them to grow their technical skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- An experienced developer with strong Scala and a preference for coding in a functional style.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineering peers and product owners across the organisation.
- You write clean code and support others to do so through reviews and mentorship.
- You have experience with event-driven engineering projects.
- You can quickly master product architecture and can evolve it over time.
- You have experience working in critical production environments and distributed systems development.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment,meetups, 70+ internaltechnical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, city centre office, public transport discounts, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits
- Extensiveonboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- We have a structured program to fast track your career and develop your skills
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 28 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andtechnologies our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten