Applied Science Manager (w/d/m)
Machine learning, data science, econometrics and operations research drive our algorithmic pricing platform to recommend discounts for 500K+ articles in 20+ countries. The Pricing Platform Organization is at the core of our commercial operation. We develop Forecasts to predict sales and demand, Optimization Systems to recommend the best prices, and provide tooling and data to our pricing experts to make informed decisions.
As the Applied Science Manager for Price Impact Measurement, you and your team are quantifying the incremental impact of our price recommendation systems. You are developing the right tools to measure the impact of price and our pricing algorithms on our customers. Working on scalable A/B testing and structural time series frameworks for article-based pricing Machine Learning products, you will find yourself on the forefront of technology, tackling complex research and engineering challenges.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Discover, define, design, and deliver customer-centric solutions to quantify the impact of pricing and ML products
- Shape the team’s vision by creating its long term research and tech roadmap
- Empower, attract, and grow Applied Scientists and Software Engineers.
- Drive collaboration and foster transparent communication across different teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Academic background (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative field (Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics)
- Mastery in econometric modelling (ideally experience in causal impact analysis and A/B testing)
- Experience (4 years and above) in people and/or project leadership within a complex business environment. Proven track record in developing solutions from initial idea to production.
- Excellent communication skills, clarity and structure.
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail: our field is characterized by complexity where details matter, therefore we are in constant need for rigorous and detailed reviews of our initiatives.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten