Senior User Researcher (w/m/d) - Mixed methods with quantitative or qualitative focus (multiple openings)
As a Zalando User Researcher, you will support product ideation and optimization through evaluative and generative research. You ensure that bad ideas fail early – and you inspire colleagues to iterate good ideas into great solutions.
You will impact a wide variety of products – from startup ventures to B2B solutions – in addition to Europe’s largest fashion portal. You will study a diverse range of customers, including high-profile fashion brands, style bloggers, internal users of enterprise software, and approximately 34 million consumers served by our flagship product.
Zalando’s Product Insights and Design teams employ an evolving mix of traditional user-centered methodologies, Lean UX practices, and design thinking. Researchers work closely with designers and product managers to build the right solutions. User Researchers at Zalando collaborate with our Product Designers, Product Managers, and the rest of the community to determine what features to build, how they should behave, and incoming projects’ priorities. To be most effective, we also build strong relationships with other internal teams. With market research, business intelligence, and product analytics, we ensure a holistic 360° understanding of customer needs and behaviors.
ABOUT THE POSITIONS WE ARE RECRUITING FOR
Team Voice of Customers (B2C) - Mixed methods with qualitative or quantitative focus, Berlin
- Research customer needs across products and markets as part of our central Voice of Customers team
- Apply a creative mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to facilitate a deep understanding for our customers
- Inspire your colleagues with your broad methodological toolbox and bend the boundaries between user research, analytics, behavioural economics and related disciplines
- Analyse and triangulate discrete data types (e.g. primary/secondary, attitudinal/behavioural, qualitative/quantitative) to deliver a single-source-of-truth to the business
- Team up with stakeholders and empower them to run simple research on their own
- As integral part of our Product Insights & Design community help us to tackle key customer problems around topics like style advice, sustainability, size & fit or personalisation
Team Zalando Plus Delivery and Returns Innovation (B2C) - Mixed methods with quantitative focus, Berlin
- Research user needs across all our markets with regards to our strongest customer satisfaction drivers: deliveries & returns
- Team up with product managers and analysts to quantify which of the customer needs are the most important and should be addressed with highest priority
- Create empathy and deep understanding for our customers in a numbers-driven environment
- Help us create an elevated delivery & returns experience for our most cherished premium customers
Team Payments (B2C) - Berlin
- Build up the user research discipline within Zalando Payments to facilitate a deep understanding of our customers and partners
- Own your complex research projects end to end, select the right methods, also beyond your own practical experience (e.g. quant, analytics, market research)
- Team up and educate our stakeholders including product managers, designers and business developers and empower them to run simple research on their own
- Define research processes, craft research roadmaps and nurture our central library of insights for the team
- Prioritise research requests based on clear criteria and engage external agencies to outsource studies where needed
- Help shape the design and research culture within Payments, enriching product development processes.
- Collaborate with and learn from other research professionals across the Zalando group, including Lounge Market Research, Product Analytics and Zalando Voice of Customers.
YOU SET THE STANDARDS
As a user researcher, you will lead by example and raise the bar for impactful empathy.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Impact. Influence all steps of the product development cycle across multiple products by applying quantitative and qualitative research methods. Structure the research lifecycle, build methodological competencies and innovate our ways of working.
- Insights. Provide great answers to outstanding questions by connecting qualitative and quantitative data. Challenge the team in finding solutions for the right problems. Follow up to make sure insights are acted on. Spread insights out beyond the core stakeholders to fuel innovation throughout the entire organization.
- Local empathy. Understand our users in all key markets so that Zalando products feel native to them.
- Vision. Be the voice of the customer. Develop and defend a point of view and understanding about our users to influence decisions at a strategic level.
- Teaching. Coach, support, and critique your colleagues. Train and empower designers and product managers to do substantial research themselves. Give back to the broader design community by writing and speaking about your successes and failures on our journey to making Zalando the premiere place in Europe to do groundbreaking user research.
To land this job, you show and explain research artifacts from various stages of the product development process that illustrate your ability to deliver actionable user insights.
- Communication. Your stellar storytelling skills allow you to deliver customer insights straight to your stakeholders’ hearts and brains. You’re a seasoned facilitator of engaging, impactful workshops. You are fluent in English and - ideally - at least one other European language.
- Strategy. You have previous experience advocating for and leading strategic research initiatives and the ability to pitch research findings to director-level stakeholders.
- Planning. You shape the research agenda. You plan and execute a wide variety of studies independently – interviews, diary studies, usability tests, surveys, workshops, etc. – across the entire product lifecycle.
- Methodology. You know when to do what, and why. You identify the key research questions, choose the best method(s), recruit the right people, lead interviews, and play a key role in synthesizing and communicating insights. You have stellar quantitative and qualitative analysis skills. You master the art of creating surveys and interviews that lead to powerful insights.
- Prioritization. You balance high-quality research with short deadlines and highly iterative cycles.
- Collaboration. You work in multidisciplinary, international teams.
- Data. Your data savviness helps you feel comfortable and eager to get your hands dirty by transferring and connecting data in different ways and forms; by connecting the dots between a SQL query and making searches possible on the data platforms. You can deal with research cases that might demand your skills in R, Python, SQL and tools like Data Studio. (for positions with quantitative focus)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Peers. We have highly diverse, international, and accomplished User Researchers and Designers that act as a Product Insights & Design Team to drive our products to the next level.
- Culture. A workplace where trust, empowerment, and feedback are valued in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. In our community rituals, e.g., our Design Campfire, we foster knowledge sharing in our Product Insights & Design community.
- Development. We believe in a purpose-driven approach to motivating and developing people. Zalando helps you to grow to engage with great design communities all around the world. We offer mentoring, personal branding support, and diverse career opportunities.
- Perks. Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings. Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations). Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands, and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising, and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests, and languages our teams choose to use.
At Zalando, we always put ourselves in our customer’s shoes. Everything starts with customers. As an organization, we are always asking ourselves, “Are we delivering our customer promises? Are we creating memorable moments? What problem are we solving for our customers?”
If you’re looking for an organization where user research is the starting point for projects, and a company-wide standard, you’ve found the right place.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten