Frontend Engineer (React/Typescript) for Buying Article Management - Retail Core
In our Buying Article Management team you will be responsible for building the systems that allow us to buy more than 600.000 articles per year and therefore spend an approximate 2-3bn. EUR. The systems ensure that all products are available at the right time and place in our shop by gathering all the information from our suppliers for every single article to provide those articles to our shop facing systems. More than 1500 suppliers and several hundreds of internal users are involved in this process.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You and your team will take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- You will collaborate with engineers, UX, product management and other teams to grow our business and provide the best experience for our customers.
- You deliver high-quality software that solves the business problem at hand efficiently and that your peers can easily understand and maintain because of its high-quality.
- You proactively share knowledge and learn from your peers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You care about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly, performant and reliable web applications
- Familiar with writing well tested and reusable code, component, integration and E2E tests
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs and understanding of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD is a plus
- You are strong working in collaboration with engineering teams and stakeholders from different backgrounds and you are motivated to learn from and mentor other engineers
WHAT WE OFFER
- A friendly, respectful and diverse team who works in collaboration and values the culture and spirit of every team member
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten