Team Lead Equality Management (w/m/d)
Our Equality Management Team is based in Berlin within P&O (People & Organization) team. In other words, this team is our central Anti-Discrimination Team or AGG-Team (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz). It functions as neutral complaint office for (potential) cases of discrimination or (sexual) harassment, conducts interviews and initiated consequences. The team works closely with our Health Management to ensure mental support of employees if needed in the process. Non-Berlin locations have AGG representatives as well, who report severe cases into the central team. The Diversity & Inclusion team is a seperate team which is of course one of the most important stakeholders.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Equality Consulting: Being responsible for our complaint office and investigate possible discrimination cases. Depending on case and on alignment with the reporting person, your role can be to consult, to investigate, or to manage legal consequences together with our Compliance & Business Ethics team. You will shape the Equality Teams’ vision and orchestrate their tasks.
- Leadership (functional): Leading the Equality Team (5 people) by steering weekly JFs, monthly alignment with SVP, and having the big picture of all tasks and visions in mind. Keeping the team members accountable and owning the workflows.
- Strategy: Identifying additional improvement areas and develop measures to address them. Your role is not only to individually support in cases but to translate your learnings to prevention solutions within our Health & Equality Strategy.
- Business oriented solutions: Providing high level support while finding pragmatic and hands-on business solutions that fit to our Zalando cultures and are aligned with your stakeholders such as Compliance, CorpComms, Legal and P&O Business Partners.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expertise and passion for the topic. You have several years of relevant experience in Equality Management (AGG “Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz”). German Labor Law, Compliance and/or P&O / HR knowledge will be crucial. Experience in strategic Diversity & Inclusion topics are considered a benefit, but are not sufficient alone since Equality Managements focuses on the complaint office and its processes.
- Communication & consulting skills. You have excellent communication skills, especially in handling difficult situations. You are fully fluent in verbal/written English, German would be a plus. You can leverage your knowledge by facilitating workshops, enabling leads or speaking in All Hands.
- Ownership & Drive. You have a strong sense of ownership for your tasks and work in an independent & structured manner. You speak up and know how to confront people in a respectful but clear manner (esp. in AGG investigations).
- Stakeholder management skills. You know how to manage different stakeholders on various seniority levels and across functions. You know how to drive cultural change.
PERKS AT WORK
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary; 40% employee discount on zalando.de; discounts from external partners; office in the heart of Berlin; public transport discounts; municipality services; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & volunteering time off; free beverages & fruits and health offerings, company bike, [pre & post Corona offers: awesome parties and events; diverse sports offerings]
- Mentoring; personal branding support; diverse career opportunities
- An international team of experts to inspire you & learn from
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email. Please apply in English.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten