Director of Product, Product and Category Experience
About the Team
Department: Product and Category Experience
Reports to: VP Product and Category Experience
Team Size: Direct team of ~15 Product Managers working with ~85 Engineers and Data Scientists
Recruiter: Joshua Young (email@example.com)
The Product and Category Experience team reimagines how we present our products and categories to our customers. A cross-functional org of roughly 100 across Berlin and Dublin, their portfolio ranges from backend services that provide product data enriched by machine learning, to customer-facing applications that present our products and categories to over 30 million Zalando customers in 17 European markets.
Where your Expertise is Needed
As a Director of Product, you will be responsible for reimagining how we enable customers to experience our products and categories in a best-in-class way, giving them a visual way to browse fashion and experience products haptically. Responsibilities include:
- Product Strategy: Joining the executive leadership team and working alongside our Director of Engineering to translate the Zalando Group Strategy into a product and category experience that’s superior to any competing online or offline experience.
- Navigating Ambiguity: Identify and align competing priorities, balancing impact for this season, next season and the seasons beyond, as well as between global vs. local initiatives. Ability to increase clarity and energy in a large organisation.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate closely with stakeholders across Zalando, including Buying and Merchandising, Content Production, Customer Fulfillment and Sustainability to garner support and establish a clear product vision.
- Growth and Scale Mindset: Help us master our product culture across Zalando by developing and hiring product talent and facilitating product processes that create remarkable impact for our customers at scale.
What we’re looking for
- Leader of Leaders: Lead and inspire a team of Head of Products, each with their own team of Product Managers responsible for parts of the overall product portfolio.
- Analytical/Data-Driven: An experienced, data-driven and collaborative Product Management leader with a strong growth mindset and a track record in shipping customer impact at scale. Experience of working with data science teams is preferred.
- Strategic thinking: Experience in creating, executing and accountability for a multi-year product vision and strategy, and the patience to work with multiple competing stakeholders and priorities to deliver value to customers.
Perks at Work
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, childcare family services and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, knowledge sharing through tech talks andblogs, parties & events.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten