Senior Backend Engineer - Data Governance
Zalando's federated data landscape is creating petabytes of data every year, distributed over a wide range of databases, object stores, and event queues. At the same time, thousands of data analysts, data engineers, machine learning specialists, and data scientists need to find and make sense of this data to do their jobs.
Together with your team you will position Collibra Data Governance Center (DGC) as the glass door to Zalando's data landscape. You will build pipelines to import valuable metadata using Databricks Spark or AWS services, and improve the user experience of Collibra with automated workflows. In this position you will have the chance to drive the next generation of Data Discovery at Zalando.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Automate the integration of relational databases, object stores, and other data sources to make all Zalando’s data discoverable.
- Develop data pipelines to collect, crunch and import valuable metadata from different data sources.
- Implement workflows in Collibra to improve the user experience.
- Customize Collibra DGC to fit Zalando's needs.
- Collaborate with a third party vendor, your colleagues in the central data platform teams, and Zalando's data community to find the best solutions to some challenging and important problems.
PERKS AT WORK
- Solid experience as a fullstack, backend, or data engineer during which you developed skills in technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, AWS S3, REST APIs, Spark, AWS EMR / Databricks.
- Mastery of fundamental software engineering practices like good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods.
- A good understanding of relational databases and big data technologies (e.g. Spark, S3, Presto, Hive Metastore)
- Creativity and passion for solving unique problems in the data space, strong communication skills, and a customer centric work ethos.
- Experience with Collibra or other enterprise data catalog / governance systems or eagerness to master them is preferable
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, leadership academy, 70+ internal technical and guilds, tech talks,blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive package (base and equity), 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten