Senior Applied Scientist - Content and Ad Economics (w/d/m)
The ad economics team is working on creating great customer experiences with advertising. We do this by building a fair and explainable marketplace, optimizing long-term value for customers and brands. We are running millions of ad auctions per day and are building innovative, scalable and value-creating products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and have a bias for action.
As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will work in a cross-functional team with applied scientists, software & research engineers and product experts. You will work on improving our algorithms that match customer preferences with the offerings of our brands and our platform. This entails understanding the short- and long-term impact of these matches on all marketplace participants and steering the actions of participants towards optimal value.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Work on designing and improving digital markets
- Perform econometric modeling, simulations and causal inference
- Design and implement new research agendas related to (paid) content selection
- Build MVP research products to validate ideas
- Implement validated MVPs in production, in collaboration with software engineers
- Contribute to the vibrant science community at Zalando
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Master or above (PhD) in quantitative economics, mathematics, physics, computer science or a related quantitative discipline with a strong foundation in statistics and computational methods
- At least 2 years of industry experience, including experience using distributed computing frameworks such as Spark to leverage large datasets in order to drive business outcomes
- Ability to translate your models to fully functioning data pipelines and close to production-grade code in Python or Scala, with the support of our engineers
- Highly rigorous and at the same time strong drive for impact
- Deep care about good science, while being just as passionate about deriving actionable insights
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed in English using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten