Backend Software Engineer - Payments (w/m/d)
As Backend Engineer for Zalando Payments, you will design, develop, test, and operate our core APIs that allow our customers to pay in a secure and engaging fashion. Fashion retail imposes some interesting challenges on the payment experience that we address through tailored deferred payment options and other products. The services you will build in this role control the user experience and steer these processes and directly interface with the merchant systems. You will make sure the product complies with the demanding and high standards of the fintech industry.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle. You will design technical solutions within your team’s architecture, and you are responsible for implementation, test, and operation.
- You will be part of a team where continuous integration, code quality, code reviews, test coverage, etc. are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them.
- Together with your team you will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on cloud (AWS), based on a microservices architecture.
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues helping them to grow their technical skills.
PERKS AT WORK
- You have a degree in computer science or a related field and have built and operated production services in the past, ideally in the field of e-commerce or payments.
- You are familiar with the Java ecosystem and frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot), as well as Cloud infrastructure, containerized deployment, and persistence layers (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.). You know how to find your way around microservice architecture, REST services, asynchronous distributed systems, etc.
- We do expect you to embrace the opportunity to actively learn new technologies and practices.
- We are working in a big and complex environment. We expect you to be able to coordinate and communicate effectively with your peers in your team just as well as beyond team boundaries.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals and parent & child room
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
As part of Zalando’s online fashion ecosystem, Zalando Payments builds the platform that processes financial transactions from more than 35 million active customers across 17 markets in Europe. We are working to deliver a flawless user experience in checkout, as well as processing payments in the backend. Based on a smart risk steering, we try to bring the offline shopping experience to the online world allowing customers to try fashion articles first before they pay.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten