Software Engineer (Data Engineering) - Fulfillment Core (Java/Kotlin)
In the Fulfillment Core department, we focus on the entire Network of Logistics Centers. Across this network we plan, track & predict millions of movements to make sure every fashion item across Europe finds its way to our more than 35 million active customers. Through this mission we are a key enabler to becoming the starting point for fashion. In our teams we develop and run high performing microservices and optimize algorithms as well as predictive models to innovate on the Convenience, Speed and Cost of our delivery experience.
As a Software Engineer you will ensure that our customers always know when to expect their delivery. The Network Behaviour team uses data analytics and machine learning to predict fulfillment processing times. You will carry a lot of responsibility on improving data quality, data retrieval and on making this data available in a scalable way. This lays the foundation for establishing even better relationships with our customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Extend data pipelines by optimizing mining, quality and accessibility of data to enable better prediction models
- Improve reliability and performance of the model training and serving process to support handling of a growing network
- Ensure code quality and knowledge transfer by being an active part in code review and pair programming sessions
- Take ownership of the entire development cycle - from architecture design to testing, implementation and maintenance
- Working closely together with our researchers to help enabling better models and predictions for our customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-4 years working experience with Python and Java / Kotlin.
- Know how to access data from different sources like PostgreSQL databases, Elasticsearch, Kafka and process the data with e.g. Spark, Databricks
- Hands-on experience of microservices and cloud architectures would be beneficial
- You are able to work in a structured way and communicate even complex topics to the point
- Contributing to our growing tech community and encouraging knowledge sharing in an agile work environment
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Digital Experience (DX), you will work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence. Along with our guiding set of principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten