Engineering Manager - Traffic Platform / Data Engineering (w/m/d)
Join a team that works on cutting edge advertising performance measurement that sets the foundation for allocating one of Europe's largest online marketing budgets.
Lead a strong team of data and machine learning engineers creating and operating large scale pipelines that serve our internal customers. Closely work with product managers and data scientists to deliver new and impactful products fast. Continue the success story of one of Zalando’s drivers to double our business every few years. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Deliverhigh quality software by paying strong attention to automated tests, scalability and resilience. Design and operate machine learning pipelines with your team. Stay curious and hands on
- Coach and technically guide your team on all levels of their career. Foster a team culture of trust, support and sparring. Manage agile team ceremonies and guide architecture discussions
- Partner with internal stakeholders from planning to delivering business value quickly & continuously. Understand our business and innovate fast in a rapidly changing legal and technical landscape
- Align cross functionally with product managers, applied scientists and backend engineers. Join the department’s leadership team to support strategic initiatives
PERKS AT WORK
- Tech Acumen: 8+ years hands-on experience in designing and developing business intelligence / data engineering solutions. Knowledge in machine learning or our stack are a plus: Python, Databricks / Spark, AWS (S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, StepFunctions), Airflow, SQL, Kafka
- Leadership: 2+ years tech leadership experience as team lead or technical lead coaching engineers. Taking care of team health, software quality and business impact alike
- Communication: Ability to align business requirements and complex technical topics across roles and teams with a high level of communication skills. Be a role model for an inclusive team culture
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to about 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
#marketsjobs, #marketsjobstech, #marketssoftwareeng
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten