Senior Data Analyst - Merchant Analytics (m/f/d)
As a Senior Data Analyst in the Merchant Analytics Team, you and your team are at the core of Zalando’s platform transition strategy. The team works with a wide variety of departments such as Merchant Strategy, Product, Sales and Consulting to continuously develop the principles our platform is based upon and how we implement them. You and your team will focus on understanding and communicating the drivers of merchant behaviour and success on our platform while you further develop the analytical and technical capabilities of the Merchant Analytics team.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will have end-to-end ownership of data analytics projects: defining research requirements, working with large datasets and transforming them into actionable insights for your stakeholders. The main focus of all research will be in identifying the long term drivers which govern merchant’s success on our platform and the benefits this brings to our customers.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Accountable for all aspects of data analysis, research, KPI definition and data visualisation leveraging storytelling techniques.
- Support peers to build and continuously improve a variety of analytical insights that drive change in our commercial model and processes.
- Develop in-depth understanding of what drives growth for our platforms merchants and how positive behavior can be further improved and incentivized
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to get the most out of our existing datasets and ensure the usability of the vast data sets we generate
- Own projects which incorporate the use of statistical methodologies. Drive projects which aim to decrease the risk of potential losses and make our marketplace model more attractive for Zalando and external partners. You will design research plans and, in collaboration with your team, select the most appropriate methodologies.
- You believe in putting people first and invest your time in coaching the team and empower others through knowledge sharing.
PERKS AT WORK
- Degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven track record of 5+ years as a data or business analyst, ideally in a fast-paced e-commerce environment. You balance technical acumen with business understanding and excel in collaborating with commercial stakeholders to generate insights.
- Experience in testing hypothesis, writing research papers and communicating to wide audiences
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and to create an engaging narrative around the results of your analysis. Our insights are consumed by a wide audience who have varying degrees of prior knowledge in the field.
- Able to work with large data sets (e.g. with SQL, Python) to validate business hypotheses (which aim to decrease our lost potential within marketplace business units) combined with a good mathematical and statistics foundation.
- 3+ years of SQL experience and Python or R.
- Strong self-management, hands on and time management skills: you are able to keep tight deadlines, manage multiple stakeholders and are not afraid to present your insights.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten