Compulsory Internship – Data Science in the Chemical Industry
Smart AI tools, e.g. Machine learning, is used in different industries for faster and more efficient R&D life cycles. Also in the chemical industry, automized designs and syntheses of chemical compounds are more and more common.
Our Material Development department at our Tires R&D location in Hannover-Stöcken is offering a compulsory internship position in this exciting and innovative field. Backgrounds in Chemistry or Materials Science are not required, as you will learn the basics during the internship. A good understanding of data science is more important for this position.
Earliest starting date would be July/August. For the best learning experience possible, the compulsory internship should require a duration of 2 - 6 months. A combination of a compulsory and voluntary internship is also possible.
Further tasks are:
- Understand the working flow in the chemistry raw material field. Get familiar with existing data base for selected business field. Provide basic statistics based on requirement.
- Pre-process the needed data, based on the requirements
- Propose and apply Machine Learning models in order to answer specific questions
- Documentation of the activities mentioned above
Art des Stellenangebotes:
- Student (m/f/diverse) pursuing a degree in computer science, mathematics, chemistry, engineering or similar. Ideally with a focus on Data Analytics or Data Science
- First experience with relevant libraries and frameworks in the field of Data Science is a plus. For example: numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, keras, tensorflow (all for Python)
- Foundational knowledge of machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge of SQL also a plus. Knowledge of VBA or MATLAB is a plus
- Knowledge about Matillion or similar ETL software is a plus
- Experience with a scripting language, e.g. Python or R
- High quality orientation and the ability to summarize complex topics
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
Please upload your current certificate of enrolment, the study guidelines and your current transcript of records, as these are mandatory for processing your application.
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich