Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The European Amazon Logistics team is seeking an experienced, innovative, hands on and customer obsessed Process Engineer to drive standardization and support Delivery Station launches across our Last Mile delivery network in MEU. As a member of the EU Amazon Logistics Engineering team you will be responsible for enabling standard launches from an operational process perspective, whilst also supporting standardization initiatives legacy sites, enabling operations processes to meet safety, customer experience, quality and cost goals. You will act as a key point of contact for process excellence in the country you support; frequently partnering with local Change Management teams. The core process ownership element of this role spans Delivery Station and On-the-Road operations.
This position requires deep customer focus, strong self-motivation and exceptional project management skills. It will involve regular communication with executors and project sponsors at both the European and country level, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable partnering across cross-functional business and technical teams. To be successful in this role, you need to pair strong analytical skills and a data-driven outlook with strong intuition.
Would you like an opportunity to travel and work in multiple EU countries and cultures?
The role will be based in Germany with up to 60% of time travelling either domestically within Germany or to other EU countries.
· Support Delivery Station launches from the perspective of layout development and standard process & equipment definition
· Provide process expertise on engineering design including material flow, conveyor, equipment and real estate layouts
· Contribute to network standardization via best practice sharing with EU counterparts and positively contribute to creating and maintaining a culture of standardization
· Support development, continuous piloting, formalizing and deployment of process improvements
· Support the creation of high quality process and equipment standards documentation to support network deployment
· Contribute to audit initiatives and lead results-driven action planning
· Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering or Logistics (operational Black Belts welcome)
· Experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
· Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
· Excellent Project Management skills
· Fluent in German and English
· MBA, MSc or MEng (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
· Certified OE Black Belt or Green Belt
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization
· High level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language desirable (Italian, French or Spanish advantageous)
· Experience in developing specifications for logistic software
· Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access
· Knowledge and ability to use standard development tools e.g. AutoCAD, MS Visio
· Willingness to travel frequently
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.