Logistic Service Manager
Notice: We only consider applications made in English during our recruitment process.
Next to own Distribution Centers (DC’s) Action uses external parties, as Logistics Service Providers (LSP), to staff ‘outsourced’ DC’s. Within an outsourced DC a small team of Action employees works to monitor and optimise the logistical processes with the LSP. One of the roles is the Logistics Service Manager which reports to the Manager Logistics Region and steers a team consisting of Process Management Employee, Logistic Services Support Employee and Quality Control Officer.Daily responsibilities
The Logistics Service Manager monitors the Logistic Service Provider (LSP) and supports the incorporation of the Action way of working and processes in order to optimize the performance of the DC and to ensure contractual commitments, and spirit of the contract with the LSP in the outsourced DC; monitors efficient and standardized operations in the DC by the LSP, thus ensuring delivery on timeto stores as agreed in SLA (if available) and delivering inter-DCs for the best quality, service and cost.
Contract and Relation Management
- Ensures that key performance indicators agreed with the LSP are met;
- Ensures that LSP delivers their services according to the Action way of working;
- Monitors and drives the LSP to deliver efficient warehousing, and LSP/TSP to deliver transportoperations - delivering on time to stores and inter DCs as agreed upon in the SLA;
- Ensures that Action is fulfilling its part of the contract to support the execution of the LSP;
- Manages the relationship and effective way of working between the LSP and the internal Action organisation;
- Manages a solid communication structure with LSP/TSP and Action HQ.
Operational Management DC
- Monitors, evaluates and reports on budget of the DC and other financial parameters;
- Approves monthly invoicing in line with contractual agreement and assesses, approves and challenges extra cost or investment as appropriate;
- Ensures timely and effective communication to the stores, and to HQ on required SC info;
- Ensures Action property and equipment is in full working order and managed appropriately;
- Manage the local network of partners for on-site services such as material handling equipment and waste management;
- Efficient escalation of issues to regional organization and effective follow up on mitigation actions.
- Monitors and delivers business process improvements and procedures for logistic operations in line with process improvements of all distribution centers’ process improvements;
- Issues priorities and adjust planning in case of incidents. If necessary escalates these to the SC manager;
- Ensures sufficient and capable resources (own department as well as other disciplines) to realize the projects in the most effective manner;
- Deploy new processes and changes in accordance to Action;
- Clearly steers a team (consisting of the Process Management Employee – responsible for Action processes at the DC, Logistic Services Support Employee – administrative support to LSM, Quality Control Officer – responsible for in-and outbound quality assurance);
- Takes the lead, gives clear working instructions, plans employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully met;
- Is actively involved in developing employee skills by providing constructive feedback, instructions, explanation and coaching;
- Stimulates employees to join in on the thought-process to actively contribute to the development of new ideas and to learn from his/her own experiences and those of others;
- Hiring manager for his team members;
- Implement succession planning.
- Educational level at Bachelor’s degree in combination with at least 8 years of relevant working experience and 3 years of management experience;
- Experience in the retail branch and an international environment is preferable;
- Excellent German language skills and business level English;
- Experience in contract management (SLA);
- Is willing to travel to different locations (depending on the Covid situation);
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Operational experience in logistics/distribution;
- Demonstrates a high level of pragmatism, is very organised, is able to structure activities and projects, sticks to agreements within deadlines and according to guidelines.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich