Regional Third Party Logistic Account Manager (m/w/d)
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The Amazon Logistics team is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-centric Regional Manager, Third Party Vendor Management to play a critical role in the development and leadership of the strategic direction of Amazon Logistics. The Regional Manager is the leader for Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) within Amazon Logistics, responsible for all aspects of Last Mile operations, contracting with suppliers and agreeing service levels. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
You will be a highly valued team member and coordinate the infrastructure and performance for ultra-fast delivery operations in each region. You should have a talent for negotiating terms with third-party contractors, great organizational skills, and a talent for building new start-up businesses within the company. A great desire to exceed customers’ experiences while optimizing the overall cost-per-delivery model is also essential. Solid bias for action, strategic planning, procurement, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives across cross-functional operations, business, and contracting partners are prerequisites. The position is part of a high-visibility initiative in the company and will include direct reporting and communications with senior leaders in the company.
· Negotiating and managing contracts and relationships with delivery service providers across numerous cities in the region.
· Building delivery strategy/infrastructure, process precedents, and team for regional ultra-fast delivery operations
· Forming and managing cross-functional project teams. Planning, organizing, managing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders.
· Innovating for step-change improvement in delivery safety, quality and cost metrics
· Researching and conducting market analysis to partner with local teams to optimize delivery demand and experience for Amazon customers in each local market
· Partnering with senior managers and Directors and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
· Driving global standardization of delivery practices, businesses processes, and reporting with fulfillment center, retail, finance, marketing, engineering, and supply chain stakeholders
· Experience in the logistics (manufacturing, production or distribution environments) industry, including experience in a managerial role
· German and English Fluency
· Prior experience in using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word).
· Proven ability to improve metrics at a regional level
· Lean manufacturing techniques/six sigma
· Handling 3rd party contract resource arrangements on a large/national scale
· Experience in contract negotiations
· SQL / Data Analysis Skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.