Do you want to impact how millions of people shop online every day? Are you interested in a role that will challenge your creative and analytical abilities? If this sounds like you, join Amazon Gifts to work on a suite of products and services that enhance customer’s shopping across the world.
Amazon Gifts support features that are an integral part of the Amazon shopping experience. We develop products that support some of the most visible shopping experiences on Amazon, like Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Holidays and ‘Oprah’s Favorite Things’. We develop Amazon gift recommendation experience (GiftFinder), we develop all the gift-related add-ons (gift wrap, gift receipt, etc.) and we enrich the gift recipient experience. Combined, these products and services form Amazon's multi-billion dollar Gifting business, serving hundreds of millions of customers shopping for gifts.
We are looking for results-oriented people with a strong sense of ownership and customer obsession. We are passionate about building well-designed, robust and scalable software to deliver inspiring user experiences that delight our customers. We offer the opportunity to work on large-scale challenging projects, on innovative and sophisticated customer-facing features, as part of a team of passionate and experienced Amazon engineers in the multi-cultural environment of the Amazon Development Center in Berlin.
As a Front-End Engineer, your responsibilities range from reviewing product requirements and designing the software architecture that fulfils them, to translating the requirements to engineering tasks and implementing them. You will be responsible for delivering production-ready code that will be used by hundreds of millions of Amazon customers. Working side-by-side with other engineers, UX designers and product managers, you will own the end-to-end Gifting experience.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
· Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Desire to work in a diverse and collaborative team environment
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
· Good understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
· Knowledge of how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience. Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.