Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Amazon is currently looking for a highly motivated, forward-thinking Transportation Program Manager to join the Transportation team.
The role represents a critical function with Amazon EU Operations to continuously improve the service levels, capacities, and costs of the EU Transportation Line Haul to ensure promises to the customers are being maintained.
Your team's responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with Line Haul providers that facilitate communication and visibility across Amazon’s line haul network
- sourcing potential carriers in order to increase our partners portfolio through cold-calls, email and any other available source of communication
- communicating potential supplier and sharing information about cooperation with Amazon
- instructing carrier about Amazon’s requirements towards carrier
- introducing and inviting carrier to the platform with Amazon loads
- looking for out of box ideas of sourcing perfect supplier
- Track existing metrics to detect & remove defects
- Continuous Improvement Management with carriers, development of SOPs
- Analyze existing trucking versus required capacity, especially to support peak
- Support market research, Request for Information, Request for Quotation process to source new carriers where the existing carrier pool is insufficient/poor performing
- Project support ensuring Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers
- Support Contract management and contract compliance for existing and new routes/carrier
- Support truck forecast improvement initiatives and ensure it is shared with carriers and Fulfillment Centers on a regular basis
- Recommend Line Haul carrier allocation to routes/replacements (based on optimum of cost and performance)
- Q4 planning and execution - secure sufficient Q4 Line Haul
- Support the Operations Planning (OP) Process: goal settings
- Prepare and participate recurrent Ops calls, business reviews, QBRs, Customer Service workshops (to support the improvement plans)
- Maintain and improve communication, process and Fulfillment Center/carrier interface
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
The position is based in the vibrant city of Munich, Germany.
- Experience ideally gained in Transportation, preferably in a similar role within a logistics provider or retailer
- Excellent Customer Service skills and commercial understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills / networking skills
- Performance Management experience / Supplier Management skills
- Fluent in English, excellent written skills, excellent narrative style preferred. Fluency in German, and other European languages, preferably Polish is a plus
- Ability to communicate across all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer proficiency in Excel
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates