All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to Amazon Web Services, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon seeks aBusiness Partner - Finance Operations to be part of our rapidly growing world-wide Finance Operations team. The Business Partner will be located in Munich and will be primarily responsible for managing finance operations processes with a strong focus on the Retail business, covering procure-to-pay and order-to-cash processes. This position will partner closely with in-country business and finance leadership to drive support and optimize the daily business, cost-out initiatives centered on reducing defects and eliminating waste and leading improvements in Finance Operations necessary to generate free cash flow opportunities on behalf of the company.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Business teams, internationally on several process improvement projects and the Operations teams primarily located in India and Slovakia.
The key areas of responsibility will include the following:
· Oversee and manage a multi-million Finance Operations portfolio
· Direct and improve Finance Operations processes for the category Softlines (Apparel, shoes, luggage, etc.) at EU level
· Business partner with internal stakeholders (e.g. Retail, Retail Finance and Fulfillment Operations), external business partners (vendors, suppliers, service providers and customers) and other finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency and decision support
· Be a key part of prioritization, objectives and organizational development to support the rapid growth and bring function to next level of business partnering and support
· Accountability for Fin Ops processes with focus on processes impacting the relationship with the business
· Initiate and lead business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership and accounting risks
· Ensure country expansions are planned and rolled-out taking into account optimized AP/AR Finance Operations blueprints
· Driving vendor and customer issues which require a business decision to resolve
· Develop project roadmaps and work with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimize the productivity of the team as well that of the business partners
· Be a key contributor to the consolidated yearly Operating Plan, including global headcount forecasting and detailed analysis of budget to actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Participate in the coordination/review of the monthly balance sheet and operations reviews at European level
· M.A., B.A. or B.S in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred
· Min of 8 years of experience in managing finance, accounting and operational processes
· Proven ability to operate in complex finance teams through a mixed finance skill set (Commercial finance, accounting, FP&A, audit, operations), preferably through international or overseas experience
· Proficiency in German and English
· Solid experience working in a (finance) business partnering environment with demonstrated customer obsession and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
· Experience in commercial finance, retail finance, operations, logistics or the vendor/supplier finance are a preference
· Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills; including written and oral communication in German and English
· Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
· Experience with complex decision making and problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques
· Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion, as well as transformation experience
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary and stock units we offer a host of other benefits.If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for “part-time” in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.