Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to these questions and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial individual to lead a software support team ensuring high availability and stability across our Amazon Robotics network. He or she will leverage key relationships across the organization from software, QA, systems engineering, hardware engineering and warehouse operations teams. This leader will optimize day-to-day operations by effectively managing a high performing team, and continuously optimize and scale to support an ever changing landscape of software functionality and architecture. In addition, this leader needs to be highly innovative, constantly looking for new ways to decrease Fulfillment Center downtime and keep Fulfillment centers stable.
· BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· 5+ years professional experience in technical support, engineering or operations environment.
· Must have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience.
· At least 3 years direct management experience especially with technical and innovative teams
· Demonstrated examples of process improvement execution
· Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
· A strong analytical approach to problem-solving with a metrics-driven focus on frugality without sacrificing safety or customer satisfaction
· Demonstrated ability to hire and develop great people
· Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations
· An innovative thinker who also has a strong customer and quality focus
· Relishes ambiguity and change; devises frameworks to resolve and prioritize.
· Manages innovation and is consistently thinking of better ways to do things
· Expertise in one or more of these areas:
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
- Databases (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
· Master's Degree in a related field
· Superlative oral and written communication skills; has the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization