Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Here at Amazon we are currently looking to hire an experienced Senior Manager, Production and Logistics (m/f) to join the team and play a critical role in the overall management of Inbound or Outbound operation in our new Fulfillment Center in Kobern-Gondorf.
The role will be responsible for Operations and Area Managers, and reports to the General Manager. The role includes the overall management, control and direction of Inbound or Outbound distribution operations and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
· Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain Amazon’s Business Plan
· Manage a team of 10 to 20 with responsibility of a department of up to 1000 employees off peak within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
· Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Area Managers and Team Leaders
· Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
· As needed partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
· Leverage ideas of Area Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
· Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
· Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
· Work closely with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures
· Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
· Ensure security procedures are followed at all times
· Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment
· Achieve stock accuracy targets
· Implements change and/or develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
· Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals
· Improve quality and eliminate errors, reduce cost per unit
· Manage and report metrics daily
· candidate has the opportunity to develop quickly and grow toward future increased responsibility. National and EU geographic flexibility would be an advantage for future opportunities
· Strong senior operations team leadership experience (manufacturing, production or distribution environments), in a similar fast-paced environment.
· Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture and long term vision for the department.
· Able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and posses a preparedness to get involved if needed.
· Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment.
· Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as required, to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
· Excellent judgment to ensure timely decisions are made on a regular basis. Demonstrated ability to get things done and be resourceful.
· Maintain effective pace and produces conclusive, measurable results within time commitments.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· High dependability – able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including holidays) and commit the time required to get the job done.
· Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate, and influence team behaviours (including people management processes).
· Practiced working knowledge of Six Sigma tools (preferred Black Belt qualified) and Lean techniques Candidates will be degree qualified in Operations, Engineering, Logistics or similar.
· An MBA would also be an advantage
· German language skills
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter (both written in English) by clicking “online bewerben”, stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.